Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) Weather


Friday, October 19, 2007

#5 What sandboxes have become since Peanuts was forgotten

See, now, this would take a lot of control for me to get used to. At first, I was fairly enthused about starting up a wiki - I had a dream to have an ongoing list of "Lies to tell library patrons". I suppose I still could, though I'd get possessive - I'd want to moderate every addition, and probably re-jig it to fit the style and feel of the site. Then, of course, I'd grow mad with power.

That's probably where my personality really comes to the foreground. For a wiki to work, you have to allow others to freely access and edit work that you may well have sweated blood over for, I dunno, ample exsanguinating time, and then some stuck-up little...

...hmmmn...

I'll stop myself here.

Sure, wikipedia have loads of restrictions, and as I pointed out a coupla posts back, they reject entries all the time. Good thing too, I guess. Where am I heading?

Oh, yes: wiki-fascist-state. That's it. Now, where's my Skrewdriver...

I was young once.

1 comment:

The Learning 2.0 Program said...

It's all about giving up "control"...not sure if librarians are ready to do that yet...
Love your comments about wikis

Lynette