Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) Weather


Tuesday, December 4, 2007

#14 Widget tool

The idea of Widgets, I think... yes, I mentioned them earlier in this blog, and, yes, after checking out this winner of the widget category in SEOmoz's Web 2.0 Awards, I will have to concur that they are indeed added fuel to the "why can't I just surgically attach myself to my computer chair?" line of thought. It's. Just. So. Damn. Convenient. Damn...

I didn't go to the point of developing my own widget - something that keeps an eye out for early/rare Morgion and Joyless releases on Amazon and eBay at the same time - but I altered a couple of their readymades (should've added my signature beneath 'em... hmmm) and added them to the top of my blog. Just weather and time... y'know, just in case I can't be asked moving my field of vision to the clock in the ever so far away lower right hand corner of my screen, and, y'know, open the curtains and crane my stiffening neck a harsh 105 degrees to see what the weather looks like "outside".

The ease in which you can syndicate said widgets is pretty awesome, though, as I alluded to earlier, they will become the death of alot of things. Like, I guess, your desktop. Doubt I'll be porting them there anytime soon. I dunno, I just happen to like my completely non-existent wallpaper (at home). It keeps me sane. Too many years of staring at album covers I happened to like, and mash up desktops made by obsesssive music fans - it's just nice not to have too much to absorb when I switch my PC on.

NOTE: I have since removed the time function when I realised that it hasn't recognised Daylight savings yet. Silly.

No comments: