Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) Weather


Tuesday, December 4, 2007

#16 Pod people

Ended up search Podcast.net and, via a link to a (sadly) dead podcast by local gothy Scot Dave Callan, I found a recommendation to this one. I remember listening to abysmal streams many, many years ago when I was out of range of most Melbourne public radio transmitters - not much Black Metal on JJJ... well, not enough for 17-year-old me - and trying to convince myself that 8kbps Realplayer files were decent. Foolish, foolish me.

Though at the moment, this... this is much more like it. Not sure why I don't patronise podcasts much already. The sound quality is there, and the speed is there, and the variety and competition (hence, content quality and frequency) is increasing. And they cater for a style of knowledge absorption that is often unavailable in libraries, at least in the level at which a wide enough range of topics can be selected from.

And there's Dan Savage, who is awesome.

No comments: